Camp Wall Street 101 – Student Edition
Delaware State University’s College of Business, through the Delaware Center for Enterprise Development (DCED), offers a one week day camp for students entering grades 9 through 12 who are interested in learning about finance and the stock market. Camp Wall Street 101 will be held on Delaware State University’s Dover Campus during the first week in August with a capacity for 30 students. Campers will spend the week in the College of Business Financial Network Trading Room, learning the basics about financial management from DSU professors and/or other trained professionals in the finance field. The students will take a field trip to reinforce their learning experience either to the Bank of America Heritage Center, a stock market, or other appropriate financial institution.
The various activities of Camp Wall Street 101 will give students an excellent overview of financial markets and how they function. They’ll have the opportunity to:
- Trade and compete in simulated financial markets
- Learn about time value of money, portfolio theory, and how to use a spreadsheet as well as interpret financial statements
- Study market efficiency
- Build models to analyze and value securities
- Use the tools of Wall Street (including such tools as Investopedia.com and finance.yahoo.com)
- Learn statistical, behavioral and other financial insights from games of chance
- Assemble the building blocks of financial analysis
- Construct and optimize portfolios
- Experience college life and interact with members of the DSU student body and College of Business faculty and staff, and
- Gain valuable mathematics and business knowledge that is aligned with state curriculum guidelines.
Camp Wall Street 101 – Teacher Edition
The Teacher Edition of Camp Wall Street 101 is a training class for up to 20 teachers at the middle and high school level who are teaching business, finance and marketing related subjects and want to incorporate the Stock Market Game® or other simulated portfolio management project into their curriculum. It is intended to provide in-service hours for the participating teachers with the Delaware Department of Education (DOE) approval and support. The curriculum was developed to ensure that it meets the needs of teachers and their schools.
Wall Street 101 – Saturday Academy
The various activities of the Wall Street 101 Academy will give students an excellent overview of financial markets and how they function. Academy students will be trained with the curriculum developed for Camp Wall Street participants and will have a field trip to an appropriate financial institution scheduled for a date during the school year.