New & Transfer Students:
Applying for Fall 2014 Housing
The online housing application process begins
April 15, 2014 through July 15, 2014
The requirements to apply for housing on line for the 2014-2015 academic year for new and transfer students, including athletes, are as stated below. You will receive a Welcome email via your DSU email providing step-by-step instructions to gain access to the application. Your DSU email account must be working! Application can not be sent to an email other than your DSU account.
All applicants must have paid the appropriate housing deposit correctly.* Deposits can be paid now (click for Nelnet Payment Services ) in order to receive the link to the housing application on April 15.
Housing for new and transfer students is not guaranteed after July 15, and is based on availability and date the application is received ("first come, first serve" basis). The deposit payment date is irrelevant in this process - so please submit the application as soon as you receive it!
Criteria for new and transfer students are as follows:
- Housing Process begins April 15 and ends July 15
- You must be accepted to the University in order to apply for housing
- Pay the appropriate housing deposit before April 15 in order to receive the housing application link on the 15th
- If you are applying for Evers, Jenkins, Laws or Tubman, deposit amount is $200 (you must select "Traditional Housing Deposit")
- If you have been accepted into the Honors Program, and are applying for Wynder Towers, deposit amount is $200 (you must select "Traditional Housing Deposit")
- Transfer students eligible for Warren Franklin Hall, deposit amount is $200 (you must select "Traditional Housing Deposit")
- Transfer students eligible for the Living Learning Commons, deposit amount is $200 (you must select "DSU LL Commons Deposit")
*NOTE: If you pay the deposit incorrectly; for example, paid it as a "payment" instead of as a "deposit," Student Accounts will not correct it. You will be required to email Student Accounts Office to request to have it refunded back to your credit card so it can be paid correctly. Never pay a deposit by selecting "Tuition/Traditional Housing" deposit.
For questions please call (302) 857-6326, or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please follow Step 1 in your Acceptance Letter from the Admissions Office to set up your DSU Email Account!
As a first year, transfer or potential student, this website will act as an online resource guide to help you make an informed decision regarding campus living. Please take the time to browse these pages thoroughly, as there is a lot of information about the on-campus experience that will be important to you.
There are seven traditional residence halls on campus for freshmen and transfer students, as well as two "apartment-style" living complexes - one on campus and one off campus (a minimum of 30 credit hours is needed to qualify for the apartment-style living complexes). Living-learning communities are also available to those who would like to extend the academic focus from the classroom to the living environment.
Living on campus offers the unique ability to experience all that DSU has to offer, learn more about yourself, and help prepare you for life after college. Each residence hall enables you to live with your peers, classmates, and friends.
Below are links to residential halls, rates & fees, and housing applications. if you have any other questions or concerns, please contact the Department of Housing and Residential Education at (302) 857-6326 or email email@example.com . We hope to make your life at DSU as rich and rewarding as possible, as well as feel like home.