Delaware State University understands the unique needs of undergraduate transfer students. They have busy schedules and need to make quick decisions-- the admissions process needs to be clear and simple and a designated Transfer Coordinator is needed to ease the process.
Application Procedures and Policies
Applicants who have previously attended other institutions of higher education will be considered for admission at the University.
The following materials are needed from Transfer Students in order to be considered for DSU admission:
- A completed application  and non-refundable application fee of $35.00;
- An official final high school transcript;
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended; and
- SAT or ACT test scores if not transferring in 12 credit hours or more at a GPA of 2.0 or better
The following guidelines will help transfer students know whether they meet DSU’s admissions criteria.
- Applications from transfer students can be from two-year colleges, four-year colleges, and universities accredited by their respective regional association.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended must be submitted for admission consideration.
- The cumulative GPA must be 2.0 or above.
- College course credits obtained within the last 10 years are not accepted automatically and will be at the discretion of the appropriate department.
- Courses to be transferred must be equivalent to respective DSU courses. Credits are evaluated according the specific academic program the student is applying to.
- Credit cannot be granted for correspondence courses.
- In instances where courses from other colleges or universities only partially fulfill general education requirements,students will need to make up the credit hours shortage in the same department.
- Course grades must at least be a “C” in order for the transfer credit to count. Grades of "C-" cannot transfer.
- Students who have been placed on academic probation, suspended or dismissed from previous institutions cannot be considered for admission to Delaware State University.
Connected Degrees with Delaware Tech
Connected Degree programs are those associate degree and baccalaureate degree programs that have a current articulation agreement signed by Delaware Tech’s and the University presidents. A list of Connected Degree programs may be obtained from your DTCC advisor or counselor; or by visiting the DTCC website . More information about Connected Degree programs can be found here .