How to Get the Inspire Scholarship
Graduate from a Delaware high school
You must receive a diploma from an in-state school.
Enroll at DSU
You must be regularly admitted and enroll in the fall semester right after high school graduation. Apply to Delaware State University and mail your official high school transcript and ACT or SAT test scores.
Keep Your Grades Up
You must have an overall GPA of at least 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale, as indicated on your official high school transcript.
File for Student Aid
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The DSU school code is 001428. The Office of Financial Aid will notify you of your Inspire Scholarship eligibility.
Demonstrate Good Conduct
You cannot have any felony convictions or charges pending against you when you apply or after you are admitted to DSU.
Once a Hornet, you must do the following:
- Stay enrolled as a full-time student and complete 12 or more credit hours during both the fall and spring semesters - a total of at least 24 for the school year.
- Maintain at least a 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Continue to demonstrate good conduct.
- Complete 10 hours of community service every semester.
- Complete the FAFSA online yearly. Except for the summer months, your scholarship can be renewed every semester for six consecutive semesters.