Please arrive by 8:30 a.m. in the Wellness and Recreation Center (WRC) - Court 1 and 2:
WRC Court 1:
- DSU Faculty (Wellness & Recreation Center) (WRC)
- Platform Party (Green Room/Aerobics Room) (WRC)
- Graduate Students--Ph.D., Ed.D, Master degree candidates (WRC)
OUTDOOR basketball courts (between MLKSC and WRC):
ATTENTION UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS:
Please arrive by 8:30 a.m. at the outdoor basketball courts. Line-up by College in alphabetical order. HONOR students are lined up in the FRONT of their College in alphabetical order.
- College of Agriculture and Related Sciences
- College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Education and Public Policy
- College of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Technology
RESTROOMS are available inside of the MLKSC
Please refer to the following Inclement Weather Plan in case of inclement weather on the day of Commencement.
There will be plenty of parking on campus available on Sunday, May 17, 2015. Prospective graduates as well as their family and friends can park in any parking lot with the exception of reserved spaces and fire lanes. However, a section of Parking Lot 1 (near the main gate) will be designated for VIP and handicapped Commencement parking. Please do not park at area businesses during Commencement. Your vehicle will be subject to ticketing and/or towing. Fines and fees will apply.
Handicapped spaces will continue to be reserved for only handicapped designated cars. Handicapped parking and the wheelchair drop-off points for Commencement parking will be located in Parking Lot 1 and campus-wide. Special needs and handicapped seating will also be designated in Alumni Stadium. Parking on the grass anywhere on campus is prohibited. See campus map .
Processional (starts at 9:30 a.m.): The procession will move as directed by the Chief Marshal for Commencement. Keep the space in the line proportionate. The distance between you and the person in front of you should be kept at approximately arm’s length. When you reach the row to which you are directed, move into it promptly. Please make sure that there are no vacant seats in the row.
Student achievement awards will be presented by the president of the University during May Commencement: The (Presidential Academic Award and the Presidential Leadership Award)
The Presidential Leadership Award – This award is based on the judging of submitted nominations. Candidates for this award complete an application, and submit a resume and essay outlining leadership activities at DSU, three letters of recommendation, as well as a portfolio that includes copies of certificates, awards and other supporting documentation.
Instructions for the Platform Party, all DSU Staff and all Graduates:
- High-heeled shoes will NOT be allowed on the field in Alumni Stadium (wedge heels or flats ONLY). All footwear will be checked at the entrance of Alumni Stadium. Any individual in violation of appropriate footwear will be given disposable flip-flops to wear.
- Absolutely no texting, cellular phone usage or wireless device usage will be allowed in Alumni Stadium during the Commencement ceremony.
- Absolutely no disruption of any kind will be allowed in Alumni Stadium during the Commencement ceremony. Any individual causing a disruption will be escorted from Alumni Stadium by a police officer.