Student support programs for science majors at
2014-2015 Scholarships & Programs Guide/Application
Funding your college education, and emerging from the college experience fully prepared for the 21st century STEM workplace, is, by far, one of the most difficult challenges you will face. There are many decisions to make that will potentially impact your future, in a very short amount of time.
- AMRC — Applied Mathematics Research Center  Research opportunities in applied mathematics, scholarships, enrichment programs (Contact the Mathematical Sciences Dept for details.)
Graduate Partnership Award  Graduate student tuition and stipend support for individuals pursuing doctoral degrees in select courses of study in biomedical sciences
- OSCAR (Optical Science Center for Applied Research)/CREOSA (Center for Research and Education in Optical Sciences and Applications)  Student research program with an emphasis on lasers and optics; scholarships, internships available
- Delaware EPSCoR RII — Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research  Student research opportunities in biological and environmental sciences for conducting year-round or summer research working with faculty research mentors in both the College of Agriculture & Related Sciences and the College of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Technology
- Bridge to the Doctorate: Greater Philadelphia AMP — Alliance for Minority Participation in the Sciences Scholarships for graduate/doctoral studies, career preparation, networking opportunities. (Contact Dr. Mazen Shahin for details.)
HBCU-UP SMILE  — Historically-Black Colleges and Universities Undergraduate Program SMILE Project Science and Mathematics Initiative for Learning Enrichment (SMILE) project offers paid research positions, peer mentoring, summer pre-college program
HSRC — Hydrogen Storage Research Center Studies in hydrogen storage and ecologically-friendly fuel storage options, scholarships and internships available. (Contact the Chemistry Dept for details.)
- INBRE — Delaware INBRE - IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence  Undergraduate and graduate student stipends available in biomedical science-related majors, research opportunities, enrichment programs
MARC U*STAR - Minority Access to Research Careers  Undergraduate research training program for rising juniors and seniors interested in obtaining PhD or PhD/MD degrees in biomedical research disciplines. Annual stipend; paid, intensive on-campus and external research experiences; participation in seminars on professional development; opportunities to present; travel funding to ABRCMS.
Mathematics Preparation Program (MP2)  Preparatory course open to all incoming freshmen prior to taking college-level mathematics.
RISE-SCHOLARS - MBRS RISE Scholars Program  Research training and financial support to students majoring in science or mathematics who are interested in pursuing a career in biomedical science.
Title III Science and Mathematics Skills-Development Program (SMS-DP)  Teaching assistantships for adjuncts, graduate and talented undergraduate students to support students taking STEM gatekeeper courses.
- Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program  Scholarships to provide financial support to STEM juniors for three (3) years. Concentration must be in teaching K-12 STEM subjects.
- ROTC — Army ROTC/ Air Force ROTC Program  Leadership training in preparation for Army, scholarships and stipends available
- Work-study/Financial Aid  Needs-based criteria, based on FAFSA eligibility, as determined by Financial Aid Office*
* Scholarships: Administered through Financial Aid Office