- How can I contact my Advisor?
Click the Academic Advisement Directory to locate your Advisor’s email.
- Where can I see information about my degree progression?
You can find your degree plan and track your progress in DegreeWorks under Student View.
- Who is my PRIMARY ADVISOR?
Please reference the Academic Advisement Directory and review your DegreeWorks audit under student view to find your advisor information.
- How do I make an appointment with my Advisor?
Click Appointment-Plus to schedule a virtual advising or tutoring appointment. Walk-Ins are welcomed but must be approved by your Academic Advisor due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- How will my advisement and registration be completed?
Advisement sessions and registration will be completed remotely. Please schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor in Appointment-Plus.
- What if I do not have consistent internet service at home?
Inform your instructor via Blackboard or email and copy the primary Advisor that you do not have access to reliable internet service. You may need to access resources within your local community, if possible.
- How will classes be offered this semester?
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, classes will be held face-to-face, hybrid, or online. Please contact your professors via email or Blackboard to ask how each course will be delivered. The definition of each course format is listed below.
- Face-to-face courses are held on campus in a traditional classroom setting.
- Hybrid courses will be delivered virtually and in the classroom.
- Online courses are 100% virtual and do not have a set meeting time. However, students must access the class via Blackboard frequently and adhere to deadlines.
- What are some helpful tips I need to know about taking online courses?
- Communicate with your professors.
- Your commitment to your academic success is important: enjoy the experience of virtual learning. Check Blackboard DAILY!
- Planning is critical; sign into Blackboard at the same time you would be attending face to face lessons to complete assignments.
- Please take advantage of our online tutoring service
- Where can I find the contact information for my instructor?
- Check your schedule in Banner Self-Service for your instructor’s name and email
- Click https://directorysearch.desu.edu/DirectorySearch/
- Change the box labeled “Starts with” to “Contains.”
- Type your professor’s name, and their contact information will appear
- Your professor’s contact information should be also be posted on Blackboard.
- What should I do if I want to withdraw from a class?
Contact your Advisor and instructor to discuss your options. If you elect to withdraw, your Advisor will send you an electronic form to withdraw from the course. The deadline to withdraw from a class is Wednesday, December 1, 2021.
- Who do I contact if I need accommodations for class?
Notify Dr. Ann Knettler, Director of Student Accessibility Services, ADA & 504 Compliance Officer. Dr. Ann Knettler is available Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
Email: aksmith [at] desu.edu
Work Cell: 302.922.7841
Website: Student Accessibility Services Website
- Whom can I contact if I need help?
- Advising Questions: Click Academic Advisement Directory to email your Advisor
- Integrated Academic Support (Tutoring): Tutorial Services or acortese [at] desu.edu
- Blackboard Questions: Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM call 302.857.7122 or email blackboard [at] desu.edu. For after-hour Blackboard support, call 844.570.6766 or click http://desu.edusupportcenter.com
- Banner-Self Service/ All Other Technology Questions: Call 302.857.7028
- Course Questions: Contact your instructor via email
- Counseling Services: Email Counseling.Services2020 [at] desu.edu or call 302.857.7381 for an appointment
- Whom do I speak to if I cannot return to my home or don’t have a permanent residence?
If you currently live on campus, notify your Resident Director. If you do not live on campus, contact the Department of Housing and Residential Education at housing [at] desu.edu or 302.857.6326 for assistance.
- What if I need to contact Financial Aid?
The Office of Financial Aid virtual meeting room is open Monday – Thursday from 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM and Friday from 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM.
- Email: faid [at] desu.edu
- Phone: 302.857.6250
- Virtual Meeting Room: https://desu.webex.com/meet/FinancialAid-VirtualRoom
- Website: https://www.desu.edu/admissions/financial-aid
- What if I need to contact the Office of Student Accounts?
The Office of Student Accounts is open Monday – Thursday from 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM and Friday from 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
- Phone: 302.857.6240
- Email: studentaccounts [at] desu.edu
- Website: https://www.desu.edu/admissions/financial-aid/tuition-fees
- What if I need to contact the Records & Registration office?
The Office of Records & Registration is open Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM. at 302.857.6375 or email registrar [at] desu.edu
- What if I need to contact someone at the university and don’t know their department?
Click https://www.desu.edu/about/campus-contacts for the Campus Directory. Use the contact information below for general questions.
- Hours: Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Phone: 302.857.6060
- After-Hours Phone: 302.857.6290