Scholarships and Awards
Scholarships are usually merit-based, recognizing outstanding academic achievement and other accomplishments. Some may require financial need based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Scholarships are available from many sources:
- Delaware State University Office of Financial Aid: You should file the FAFSA after October 1st each year to be considered for need-based scholarships. The 2020-2021 FAFSA filing priority deadline was December 1, 2019. You’ll automatically be considered for scholarships if you qualify. Scholarships may be renewed each year if you meet renewal requirements.
- Delaware State University Office of Admissions: The Office of Admissions has scholarships available for first-year, transfer, and international students. You’ll automatically be considered for some scholarships and others require a separate application.
- Other Delaware State University Sources: Visit the Scholarships to start your search. Application deadlines vary, so log in early and often. Most applications become available in the fall. You can also check with your College or department for other scholarship opportunities.
- Delaware State University Athletics: Your eligibility for scholarships may be impacted if you are a student-athlete. To learn more, read the Student-Athletics.
- Non-Delaware State University Scholarships: You can search for other scholarships through private donors, foundations, businesses, churches, or with your high school guidance office. Online searches and applications should always be free. Fin Aid offers tips for your scholarship search. College Board and FastWeb are common national search sites.